Without a suspect in custody, it remains extremely difficult to determine what happened to Nancy Guthrie.
Police say that, for now, everything remains purely speculative.
At the same time, an inside source revealed that investigators do not believe Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance appears to be a planned kidnapping.
The investigation into the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie is intensifying, and new details suggest the case may instead involve a burglary that went wrong. An inside source told AZFamily that authorities now believe that possibility is being considered.
Former law enforcement experts who reviewed doorbell camera footage told AZFamily that the situation “did not appear to be a planned kidnapping.”
The source also added, “The widespread investigative belief is Nancy could be alive.”
DNA evidence and surveillance footage
Investigators are currently awaiting DNA results from a Range Rover SUV that was towed from a Tucson-area Culver’s parking lot. The driver was briefly detained and questioned before later being released.
Meanwhile, the FBI announced a major development: a glove containing DNA, found about two miles from Guthrie’s home, appears to match the suspect seen in the doorbell footage. The gloves were sent to a private laboratory in Florida and arrived on Friday. Preliminary DNA results were received Saturday, with officials now waiting for “quality control” and confirmation before entering the profile into the national database.
Around 16 gloves were found near Guthrie’s home, though most reportedly belonged to search teams and had been discarded during the investigation. The FBI clarified that the glove containing DNA may belong to the armed suspect captured on camera tampering with Nancy’s front door on the morning she disappeared.
Video shows suspect
Nancy Guthrie, the 84-year-old mother of Savannah Guthrie, was last seen on January 31 and was officially reported missing on February 1.
Doorbell footage released by authorities shows a masked individual slowly approaching Guthrie’s porch with his head lowered, seemingly attempting to conceal his face.
The FBI described the suspect as a man approximately 5’9” with a medium build, carrying a 25-liter “Ozark Trail Hiker Pack” backpack.
Authorities have expressed concern for Nancy’s wellbeing, noting that she relies on daily medication.
Blood was discovered on her front porch, and alleged ransom notes were sent to news outlets, though two deadlines have already passed without any contact.

As the case entered its 15th day, Nancy’s daughter, Savannah Guthrie, shared an emotional message on Instagram directed toward whoever may have her mother.
“I wanted to come on … it’s been two weeks since our mom was taken and … I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope and we still believe,” she said while holding back tears.
She then spoke directly to the person holding her mother: “And I wanted to say that to whoever has her or knows where she is, that it’s never too late. And you’re not lost or alone, and it is never too late to do the right thing. And we are here, and we believe in the essential goodness of every human being, and it’s never too late.”
Authorities are urging residents to expect “a lot of police activity” each day as the investigation continues. Officials are also investigating the source of a ransom note sent to CBS News’ Tucson affiliate KOLD, which demanded payment in Bitcoin. At one point, the Guthrie family reportedly offered to pay even without proof that Nancy was alive, and they have shared several video appeals asking for her safe return.
While questions surrounding the suspect and motive remain unanswered, law enforcement continues to express hope that Nancy Guthrie may still be found alive.
We are also hoping for the best possible outcome. Prayers for Nancy and her entire family.







